Common electrodiagnostic modalities
Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response – BAER tests are non-invasive hearing tests used to diagnose congenital or acquired deafness, and may be a requirement for some breeders. Pure-bred feline patients carrying the white (W) pigmented gene are at a higher risk of congenital deafness. See a list of canine breeds with reported congenital deafness.
- Compound Muscle Action Potential – CMAP
- Single Motor Unit Action Potential – SMUP
- Motor Unit Number Estimation – MUNE
- Nerve Conduction Study – NCS
- Repetitive Nerve Stimulation – RNS
Sports medicine and rehabilitation in veterinary medicine
- To compare results before and after neurologic or orthopedic surgery
- Electrical stimulation for diagnosing the possible causes of acute and chronic pain
Sierra Summit for EMG, NCS, EP and Ultrasound
The Sierra Summit® is one of our most dynamic neurophysiological neurodiagnostic systems. It is capable of EMG, NCS, VEP, AEP, MEP, SSEP, NMUS, and many other neurodiagnostic examinations.
Sierra NMUS1 Ultrasound
The Sierra NMUS1™ is an advanced ultrasound imaging tool designed specifically for neuromuscular diagnostics, musculoskeletal examinations, and augmented needle guidance.
Diagnostic ultrasound imaging
Ultrasonography shows structure and vascularity of internal organs and soft tissues, allows targeted needle guidance, and can be used to identify focal and systemic diseases.
- Detect and diagnose cancer, abdominal or soft tissue disorders, anomalies, and vascular abnormalities
- Determine the extent of disease spread
- Evaluate urology and nephrology
- Determine causes for abdominal pain, intestinal disorders, and masses
- Visualize the tendons and ligaments of equine patients
- Help determine if a mass can be safely surgically removed
Veterinary Surgical Monitoring
- EEG monitoring to determine stable levels of general anesthesia on animals of all sizes
- Intervertebral disk disease
- General surgery
- Brachycephalic airway disease
- Laryngeal paralysis
- Collapsing trachea
- Cleft palate
- Salivary mucocele
- Other small animal surgeries
Cascade IONM Solutions
Cadwell gives you the choice between pod and module-based IONM systems.
The pod-based Cascade PRO IONM system is the device of choice for many service providers, while Cascade IOMAX is a rugged, module-based IONM system.
Veterinary EEG Monitoring
Electroencephalography (EEG) is a neurological exam used in conjunction with clinical examination to determine the cause of seizure activity and monitor the effectiveness of anti-seizure medications. Arc Apollo+, Cadwell’s ambulatory EEG solution, provides the opportunity to capture EEG measurements from active, moving patients in real time.
Arc Apollo+ for Ambulatory EEG
Enable remote monitoring with Cadwell’s wearable 32- or 64-channel Arc Apollo+® solution.