Electrodiagnostics and Neuromonitoring in Veterinary Medicine
Common electrodiagnostic modalities in veterinary medicine
Sierra Summit can help you test:
- Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response – BAER tests are non-invasive hearing tests used to diagnose congenital or acquired deafness, and may be a requirement for some breeders. Pure-bred feline patients carrying the white (W) pigmented gene are at a higher risk of congenital deafness. See a list of canine breeds with reported congenital deafness here.
- Compound Muscle Action Potential – CMAP
- Single Motor Unit Action Potential – SMUP
- Motor Unit Number Estimation – MUNE
- Nerve Conduction Study – NCS
- Repetitive Nerve Stimulation – RNS
Diagnostic ultrasound imaging
Ultrasonography shows structure and vascularity of internal organs and soft tissues, allows targeted needle guidance, and can be used to identify focal and systemic diseases.
- Detect and diagnose cancer, abdominal or soft tissue disorders, anomalies, and vascular abnormalities
- Determine the extent of disease spread
- Evaluate urology and nephrology
- Determine causes for abdominal pain, intestinal disorders, and masses
- Visualize the tendons and ligaments of equine patients
- Help determine if a mass can be safely surgically removed
Sports medicine and rehabilitation in veterinary medicine
- To compare results before and after neurologic or orthopedic surgery
- Electrical stimulation for diagnosing the possible causes of acute and chronic pain
Common procedures using IONM in veterinary medicine
- EEG monitoring to determine stable levels of general anesthesia on animals of all sizes
- Intervertebral disk disease
- General surgery
- Brachycephalic airway disease
- Laryngeal paralysis
- Collapsing trachea
- Cleft palate
- Salivary mucocele
- Other small animal surgeries
Common uses of brain monitoring in veterinary medicine
Electroencephalography (EEG) is a neurological exam used in conjunction with clinical examination to determine the cause of seizure activity and monitor the effectiveness of anti-seizure medications. Cadwell’s new ambulatory EEG Apollo provides the opportunity to capture EEG measurements from active, moving patients in real time with mobile data capture.
Quality and scalability make Cadwell equipment the right choice for large and small animal patients
- The Synchronized Patient Database includes all studies, reports and other associated documentation
- Real-time comparisons
- Automatic findings composer with custom phrasing
- Personalized QuickReport™ with custom templates
Our application workflow is designed to improve examination efficiency, minimize patient discomfort and provide a simple interface. Our latest SFEMG+ (Single Fiber EMG Plus) protocol gives you hands-free recording, automatic peak detection and triggering, real-time analysis with live results and normative data for standard concentric needles. You can exclude traces and refine your results in seconds.
Maximizing Clinical Information
Seamlessly transition views and windows without adding time or complexity
- Move from a standard muscle screen to a detailed investigation with a single click
- Simple on-screen controls and settings can be changed on the fly
- Enjoy hands-free MUP triggering, Multi-MUP analysis, turns/amplitude analysis, and real-time interference pattern analysis
- Get immediate quantified results compared with published normals
This smart and flexible user interface can fit your workflow and expand your capabilities
Sierra software is designed to make sense to you, regardless of what system you learned on, and has all of the tools and features that you need.
See it how you want to
Custom views give you full control of displays, colors, tables and test protocols.
Hear it how you want to
Our highest sound quality is achieved with instantaneous signal processing, dual high quality speakers and full equalizer controls.
Use it how you want to
Customize your workflow with user-defined studies and tests that can be adjusted on the fly.
Perform an EMG with the handheld StrimTroller Plus™
Control gain, sweep, run/stop, playback and volume controls exactly where you need them – right next to your needle.
- Simple interface with programmable controls
- Adjust angle on probes or replace with standard bar or ring electrodes
- Precise and responsive controls in the palm of your hand
- Store traces, adjust intensity, deliver single or multiple stimulations, and reverse polarity
- Program three buttons how you want them: run and stop EMG acquisition, distance entries, adjust EMG gain control, store EMG snapshots, or move back
Build the EMG system you need
- Scalable hardware and software gives you a variety of stimulators, amplifiers, and test protocols
- Our most advanced amplifiers offer 1 -12 channels of sophisticated filtering and noise reduction
- Add integrated ultrasound
- Choose from a variety of carts, computers and monitors or provide your own
- Configure a portable system that can be set up for testing in a matter of seconds
Choose the EMG Test Protocols you want
- Routine EMG
- Triggered EMG
- Multi MUP Analysis
- Auto Multi MUP Analysis
- Turns v. Amplitude Analysis
- Interference Pattern Analysis
- Multi-Channel EMG
- Guided Injection Protocols
- SFEMG Stimulated/Volitional
- Macro EMG
Improve your workflow with CadLink Information Management
- Multiple EMR interface options include auto PDF export, HL7 ADT and ORM orders inbound and results outbound
- Fail-safe storage and Auto Archiving
- User management with user-specific system setup, user roles and single log-in with Active Directory integration
Schedule your Sierra Summit Demonstration
Product availability may vary between different countries and markets. Please contact Cadwell for additional information.