Free support for Cascade Classic software for USA customers ends 12-31-2021.
What does this mean for you?
1. After December 31, 2021:
- Classic IONM software will no longer be available for download or license transfer for USA customers
- Free Application Support for Classic will no longer be available in the USA
- Support will be charged at $500/call with the hourly support rate of $350 per hour after the first call in the USA
- International Distributors may continue to support their Cascade Classic IONM customers
2. Application Support for Cascade Classic will cease on March 31, 2022
3. You must upgrade to Cascade Surgical Studio (CSS) software in 2021 to avoid a lapse in service and support
- You can install CSS on the same computer as Classic
- You can convert Classic procedure templates into CSS
- CSS is compatible with the entire Cascade product line: IOMAX, PRO, Elite, and Cascade 16. If you have a varied Cadwell IONM fleet of hardware, you can operate the entire fleet on a single software solution.
Don’t use Cascade IONM yet?
It’s time for you to upgrade to Cascade Surgical Studio. With proven success over five years, CSS carries forward the great features you know and love in Classic, and adds improved workflow and state-of-the-art new features.
How to download CSS software
Non-USA customers should contact their local distributor for information and assistance. Product availability and obsolescence may vary by country and markets.
- Log into cadwell.support
- Under the Downloads menu, click IONM Downloads
- Confirm that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. (In your Windows menu search bar, type 64-BIT to open your System Settings and read down to “System Type” to confirm your PC specs are 64-BIT. Then close this window.)
- Back on the IONM Downloads page, click the “Download Cascade Surgical Studio 3.5 SP1 Software” button. The installer zip file will download.
- Click the downloaded file to open the zip file, and then click Extract All. Choose the file destination, and click OK.
- Double-click Cascade Surgical Studio 3.5.1520 Setup. (If a Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevents the app from starting, click More Info and then click Run anyway.)
- Review the Software License Agreement, and then click Accept and Install.
- In the User Account Control window, click Yes.
- When the install completes, you will have the option to access Release Notes and cadwell.com. Click the Close button when you’re done here.
- The CSS shortcut will populate your desktop. Double-click on the dark blue icon called Cascade Surgical Studio.
How to activate CSS software
You’ll need your license ID to activate your purchased features, or you can activate a full 60-day trial to see what’s new in CSS. Your License ID can be found on the original software installation CD, or you can get it from Cadwell Support by calling 1-800-245-3001.
If you have no licensable features, we recommend you download the 60 Day Trial so you can experience the full suite of features in CSS.
- To activate a free 60-day trial of all features, click the Enter Trial Mode button)
To activate your purchased features, click Activate the Software.
- If your PC is connected to the internet, click Activate Online. Enter your License ID, enter a description of the computer, and then click Continue. CSS software will unlock with your previously purchased features. OR
If your PC does not have internet connection, click Activate by Phone. Enter your License ID and then click Continue. Follow the prompts to unlock your licensable features.
We are here to support you, and we offer these resources to assist you during this transition
Upgrade Video Tutorials
Access free upgrade videos here once you’ve logged into the Support Site, or navigate to the Education > IONM menu. The video topics are:
- Top Five New Features in CSS
- Adding Modes and Assigning Channels
- Navigating the Basics in CSS
- Generating a Report
- Automatic Threshold Mode
1:1 Remote Assistance
You may schedule time with our expert-level Applications Support Team for an in-depth review of Surgical Studio, including:
- Customer specific virtual training session
- Customized training proficiency checklist, curriculum provided upon request
- Sessions will be recorded and provided to the customer upon request
- Sessions are scheduled for two hours and are priced at $450 per session
- Customers upgrading systems covered by CadCare Contracts will be eligible to receive the first session at no charge
Live Case Support
You may request screen share connection to a member of the Cadwell Applications Support team during your surgical case who will be available via chat to provide immediate support while using Surgical Studio.
- Available by appointment Tuesdays and Thursdays 6am-8pm ET
- Priced at $550 per case, up to eight hours
CSS is clinically focused and intuitive by design
The advanced functionality of Cascade Surgical Studio promotes faster development of modern solutions for the rapidly evolving IONM field. Powerful features allow you to capture critical information, achieve comprehensive in-depth data analysis, and provide clinical excellence that supports real-time decisions and better patient outcomes.
CSS helps you:
- Utilize advanced record authentication and password protection
- Share and manage data resources across organization
- Experience uninterrupted data acquisition workflow
- Expand your personalization and customization options
- Use intelligent modes, including Automatic Threshold, EEG and EMG look back, and CadX Simulator for learning and practicing IONM outside of the OR
Watch this video to see the new features of Cascade Surgical Studio
Cascade Classic v. Cascade Surgical Studio
An IONM Software Feature Comparison
|Customized user permissions and user groups||–||✓|
|Anonymized report extract||–||✓|
|Automatically remove data from local system via CadLink||–||✓|
|Track case involvement and user login||–||✓|
|Customized record fields for case and patient demographics||–||✓|
|Administrator controlled standardized procedure setups||–||✓|
|Personalized display settings for recorders and reviewers||–||✓|
|Uninterrupted data acquisition when switching users||–||✓|
|Uninterrupted data acquisition when changing settings||–||✓|
|Group chat with all connected users||–||✓|
|Shortcuts to mode and window setup||–||✓|
|Hardware centric procedure setup||✓||✓|
|All modalities on same screen||–||✓|
|Share inputs across modes with different channel settings||–||✓|
|Granular data extraction in EDF format||–||✓|
|Granular data extraction in JSON format||–||✓|
|EEG & EMG look back||–||✓|
|Automatic Threshold with graphical interface||–||✓|
|Customized Dual View||–||✓|
|Integrated bovie detection||–||✓|
|Create cursor alerts for latency and amplitude||–||✓|
|CADX Simulator for clinical development and training||–||✓|
|Customized Word-based report templates||–||✓|
|Automatically document remote reviewer connection||–||✓|
|Choose whether to save the chat log or include screen capture||–||✓|
|CADX training progress reports||–||✓|
|Network connection status indicator||–||✓|
|Prioritize and search event log entries||–||✓|
Schedule your Cascade Surgical Studio Demonstration
Product availability may vary between different countries and markets. Please contact Cadwell for additional information.